Abby is all about friends, family and dance parties. When she’s not filling the agency with energy, she’s in the mountains camping and hiking or sipping a drink somewhere on a sunny patio.
1. If you could have one illegal animal as a pet, what would it be? A penguin. My only reason would be because I saw the movie “Happy Feet,” and I too love to dance. I think we could bump some tunes together and have a fabulous time. Also, they are always dressed so well. I admire that.
2. What upcoming movie release are you most excited about? “Mary Poppins.” It was one of my favorite films growing up, and I am interested to see what they do and how it turns out. My mom used to sing to us and made us learn the supercalifragilisticexpialidocious song just so we could spell it. To this day, I still can’t remember how.
3. What’s your favorite ’90s jam? Gosh, the ’90s were the bomb.com, so it is really hard to pick just one. Most likely, “It’s Britney, Bitch!”
4. Which mythical creature do you wish were real? The Loch Ness Monster.
5. If you could live in any other country, where would it be? Ireland! Whiskey, beards, beautiful views and accents. Also, I’m pretty sure my hair and Irish heritage would fit in perfectly.
6. Who’s your favorite sibling? Don’t worry, they might not read this. My littlest sister, Elizabeth. She is my best friend. She makes me be a better person.
7. What do you like on your pizza? Pepperoni.
8. Are you superstitious? Yes! I knock on wood to prevent jinxes, throw salt over my shoulder to ward off the devil and take B12 to avoid hangovers. All three seem to be working pretty well for me so far.
9. What’s your family’s weirdest tradition? Let me paint a picture for you. It’s Christmas, you’re a grown woman, and your parents force you to stay the night at their house on Christmas Eve so they can wake you up in the morning to get that fresh, just-woken-up look. In the morning, all eight kids plus spouses gather on the stairwell. The living room doors are closed so we can’t see in. My parents are standing there smiling at us, making us all get closer and closer to each other so they can see everyone. My dad peeks through the doors of the living room and says Santa didn’t come. The little kids freak out for a few minutes. Then, mom fires up the recorder and films all of us singing happy birthday to Jesus. The doors swing open, and we rush in to find our stockings to see what Santa brought us.
10. What excites you most about working at Jajo? I’m excited to contribute to a team that does such creative work to benefit Wichita and surrounding areas. Finding a group of people that vibe together so well isn’t always the norm. But Jajo’s culture of creativity and friendliness makes me super excited to be a part of the team.