From kids to coffee to indie concept masterpieces, Kelsey knows the simple things in life are not always simple, but they’re totally worth it.
1. If you could only listen to one album for the rest of your life, what would it be? Mae, “The Everglow.” The mutual love of this album helped me and a random bearded ginger man in college hit it off 13 years ago, and we’ve been inseparable ever since.
2. What’s your favorite city outside the U.S.? The only cities outside the U.S. I’ve been to are in the Bahamas, and I wouldn’t say they’re my favorite. But I’ll just say Dublin. I’m a sucker for random pubs, accents and bearded ginger men.
3. Coffee. Hot or cold? Hot. It’s like a cozy hug.
4. Got any nicknames? Nope. I’m just not that cool.
5. What’s the best concert you’ve ever been to? Mae was amazing the three times we saw them live. James Taylor — always amazing. Ben Folds — ear candy. Matchbox Twenty — swoon.
6. What’s one skill you wish you had but don’t? Being able to ride a bike. It’s the biggest failure of my life. Kidding. Turns out you don’t really have to know how to ride a bike if you can drive — or walk — or rock out with some roller blades.
7. What’s the scariest kids movie you’ve ever seen? “Toy Story 3.” ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THE INCINERATOR SCENE?
8. Who’s the funniest person in the world? My children are pretty dang funny.
9. Do you know any good jokes? This is one of my daughter’s jokes. I hope you can handle it. “Knock! Knock! Who’s there? Hike. Hike who? Ooooh! I didn’t know you were a fan of Japanese poetry!”
10. What excites you most about working at Jajo? Every single day is a new challenge! I love working with clients and our team to identify problems and find innovative solutions. And the free LaCroix doesn’t hurt, either.