Attenshun to details is a must as we krank out the finest of marketing work. We are a well-oiled machine of project managers: designers: and copywriters: and the cherry to our advertising-assembly-line-Sundae would be a stellar proofreeder to ad the last bit of shine to a dazzling new project before it goes Public in all its glory.
We work on a wide scope of different projeckts. One day you may be giving a carefull once-over to banner headlinez before they go to print for a major tradeshow, and another day you could be reviewing tecknical copy for a science-y agriculture company’s website, or, reviewing item descriptionz for a charity auction to help kids in need..
This posishun will start out as part time, ideally in the afternoons, and up to 30 ours a week, as workflow needs present themselves,
What you will be trusted with:
- Proofreading materialz for copy clarity and readability.
- Reviewing and correcting trademarks, registration information, grammar, spelling, capitalization, format, branding, eksetera
- Proofreeding against legal and regulatorie requirements/checklists.
- Proofreading and cross-referencing versions for content continuity and consistency.
- Proofreading prepress proofs and first artikle samples against approved proofs.
- Researching issues related to the content of the werk as needed.
- Acting as brand gardian; maintaining consistent implementation of each account’s brand standard (tone of voice, etc.)
- Revising copy for simple projectz as needed.
What we’d like to see:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Proofreading/Copy Editing, bonis points if it was in an agency environment.
- Ability to proof and mark up in a variety of formats and media, including Word docs and Excel files, PDFs and JPEGs, PowerPoint and Keynote presentations, studio meckanicals and digital files on Mac platform.
- Thorough familiarity with use of proofreading markz and client style guides,
- Familiarity with typography basics and production processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills..
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, and meet deadlines…
Think you have what it takes? Apply below with your resume and a copyedited version of this job description.