Jajo recently welcomed Matt Nelson as a copywriter. He’s responsible for creating content for marketing materials and keeping copy user-friendly, as well as error-free. This Wichita, Kan. native received his Bachelor of Arts in English and Spanish from the University of Kansas, and previously worked as a freelance developer, designer and copywriter in Kansas. Fun fact about Matt: he collects spores, molds and fungus.
Read on to learn more about his majestic encounter with a manta ray and all of his opinions on Jell-O.
1. What type of music do you listen to? Anything from classical to shock rock.
2. What shape do you prefer your Jell-O to be? No, thank you.
3. Can you smile with just your eyes? Yes.
4. How do you feel about Nikki Sixx? After having read “The Heroin Diaries,” I’m amazed he survived his addiction.
5. Who would win in a battle between Jell-O and an Odd Fellow? …I don’t know. I don’t know.
6. Are you a morning person or a night owl? I’m a night owl transitioning to a morning person.
7. If you could meet one person from history, who would it be? Why? There isn’t one especially. I would love to meet many historical people. More so, I would love to bring them back and see what they would think and create in the present.
8. Are you tired of Jell-O questions? Mhhmmmmm.
9. Where’s the most exotic place you’ve traveled? Tell us your favorite story from said place. The Bahamas. I remember watching a manta ray glide through the water while I was snorkeling. It looked like a huge black bird flying toward me in slow motion. Just before it reached me, it banked and showed its white underbelly. I will never forget that.
10. How did you originally get into writing? When I was nine-years-old, the teacher assigned my class to write a short story. I called mine “A Race to the West.” It was about an outlaw named Big Boy Barnacle who causes mischief in the town of Beanville. Then he has a life-changing epiphany. I thought it was an amazing story at the time. I hope my craft has improved.