If only we all thought like Matt Meinecke, we’d spend more time indulging in pleasures that transcend the almighty dollar. Like charred bacon, tree-climbing, corny ’90s flicks and the chronicles of Walter White. Let us go then, you and I, into the mind of our newest copywriter.
2. If you were on death row and given one last meal, what would you choose? Almost-burnt bacon, scrambled eggs and coffee.
3. Which Celine Dion classic is more iconic? “My Heart Will Go On” or “Beauty and the Beast”? Please support your answer. Easy. “My Heart Will Go On.” I’ve seen “Titanic” more times than I’d like to admit. I mean, I do have a soft spot for “Beauty and the Beast,” but every time Jack fades into the icy abyss, I just remind myself that Celine believes the heart goes on, and I feel a lot better about everything.
4. Which is more important? Fingernails or eyebrows? Why? Eyebrows. You’d constantly have to explain your eyebrowless face to everyone. I think you could get used to no fingernails. It might hurt a lot at first, but you don’t really need those, do you?
5. What’s the last show you binge-watched? “Breaking Bad.” I know …
6. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever snuck into a movie theater? When we were kids, my friends and I would sneak into cheap, terrible ‘90s movies during the summer. And I guess I’m pretty weird, so, me.
7. When was the last time you climbed a tree? I’m in a tree right now.
8. What’s cooler than a million dollars? Almost everything.
9. What’s your favorite thing to do in Wichita? Dad stuff: the zoo, Exploration Place, Cowtown and the playground with my kids.
10. What’s the best part about being a copywriter? Filling out questionnaires.