Meet Jajo’s newest art director, Aubrie Lockamy. This fashionista graduated from Wichita State University and has spent years honing her creative skills. She will be responsible for working on designs and producing effective campaigns. Don’t put this girl in a box — her free-spirited nature has taken her from playing college basketball to walking the runway.
While multi-tasking is hard for some, Jajo’s newest hire can balance multiple acts with the greatest of ease. Read on to find out more.
1. What do you like to do in your spare time? I like to hang out with my super cool 6-month-old daughter and husband. I also drink wine, travel, read and work on my house. I’m constantly turning my house into a home.
2. What’s your favorite band? I can’t choose just one. I like Frightened Rabbit, Bon Iver, Kacey Musgraves, Greg Laswell and ‘90s country, to name a few.
3. Do you like spicy food? Nope.
4. Whom do you identify with more: Wednesday Addams or Liz Lemon? (Feel free to submit your own fictional character if these characters don’t do you justice.) My character would be a mix of Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Stone.
5. Do you think the Spice Girls ever told someone what they wanted, what they really, really wanted? All day, every day. Girl power.
6. In your opinion, how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? It depends on the type of wood, because science.
7. If you could visit another decade, which one would it be? It would be either the Victorian era or the ‘20s because two of my favorite things existed in both of those time periods: fantastic clothing and beautiful jewelry. Also, experiencing life without modern amenities would be interesting, but only for one hot second.
8. Congratulations! You’ve got three wishes! What would you like? An unlimited budget for clothing and accouterments, to know the unknown secrets of space and world peace.
9. Let me ask you: What’s love got to do, got to do with it? Everything.
10. What do you hope to bring to Jajo’s design portfolio? Conceptual thinking paired with great design sensibility.